- Replacement filter for use with cool mist humidifiers, including
the Vicks Starry Night Humidifier
- Removes minerals and pollutants from the water
- Specially treated to inhibit up to 99.99% of mould growth and prevent
the migration of mould, algae & bacteria on filter
- Reinforced for longer filter life and maximum efficiency
- Antimicrobially treated
- Replace every 3 months (or every month in hard water areas)
Save 30% - 48 Hour Sale
Protec Extended Life Humidifier Filters are a replacement filter suitable for use with many models of cool mist humidifier, including the Vicks Starry Night Humidifier. Treated with a special antimicrobial substance, the filter helps ensure a healthy, hygienic mist by removing up to 99.99% of mould, minerals and pollutants from the water. It also helps extend the life of your humidifier, particularly in hard water areas.
Filter for healthier breathing
Unfiltered water may contain bacteria, microbes, minerals and other pollutants which, when converted to a mist, may be inhaled.
The Vicks Starry Night protects your family’s health with the Protec Extended Life Humidifier Filter (included). This unique filter removes minerals and pollutants, and is specially treated to inhibit up to 99.99% of mould growth. It also helps help prevent the growth and migration of algae and bacteria
How often should I change my filter?
The filter should be replaced every 3 months, or every month in hard water areas.
My replacement filter doesn’t look the same as the original one that came with the machine – why?
The Protec® replacement filters are specially designed so they are suitable for use in various models of Vicks Humidifiers (not all are available in Australia).
You will notice it is slightly different in thickness and appearance to your original filter, however there is no change in quality – in fact the replacement filter model has an extra protective coating which further enhances performance.
How to replace the filter in your Vicks Starry Night Humidifier
- Turn off and unplug your humidifier.
- Remove the water tank (refer diagrams in Vicks Starry Night Humidifier instruction booklet for guidance).
- Remove filter tray from unit. Discard old filter and set filter tray aside.
- Soak new filter in cool water. DO NOT WRING FILTER.
- Insert new filter into filter tray. Place filter tray back in humidifier.
NOTE: for best fit and performance remove filter tray from the humidifier and insert pre-soaked new filter.
6. Replace the water tank.